My research is in the field of eating disorders. I have published the following quantitative research papers in peer-reviewed academic journals:
- Hepburn, Z.M., Rothwell, E.R. and Fox-Clinch, J.A. (2021), Treating the overlooked majority: quantitative outcomes from an NHS adaptation of Interpersonal Group Psychotherapy for binge eating disorder, Mental Health Review Journal, Vol. 26 No. 1, pp. 55-70. https://doi.org/10.1108/MHRJ-08-2020-0056
- Hepburn, Z.M. and Rothwell, E.R. (2020), Effectiveness of day treatment for eating disorders: are improvements maintained at 12-month follow-up? Mental Health Review Journal, https://doi.org/10.1108/MHRJ-09-2019-0032
- Hepburn, Z.M. and Clark-Stone, S. (2016) The short term effectiveness of day treatment for eating disorders in reducing psychosocial impairment: utilizing the Clinical Impairment Assessment in routine practice. Mental Health Review Journal, 21(1), 11 – 22. DOI 10.1108/MHRJ-10-2014-0039.
- Hepburn, Z.M. & Wilson, K. (2014) Effectiveness of adult day treatment for eating disorders. Mental Health Review Journal, 19 (2), 131 – 144. DOI 10.1108/MHRJ-01-2013-0003.
I have presented the following workshops at international conferences:
- Hepburn, Z., Fox-Clinch, J. and Hickman, S. Treating the overlooked majority: effectiveness of Interpersonal Psychotherapy for binge eating disorder. Eating Disorders International Conference, 2021.
- Fox-Clinch, J., Halliday, K, Hepburn, Z. and Quinn, M. Keeping IPT flourishing and developing outside the training hubs: the supervisor/ supervisee Level B experience. ISIPT Conference London 2015.
- Hepburn, Z.M., Milsom, I., and Atkinson, C. A group-only based Day Treatment Programme for people with eating disorders: therapy approach, dietetics and clinical outcomes. Eating Disorders International Conference London 2015.
I am a peer reviewer for the Mental Health Review Journal.