I recommend the following self-help books, for use by yourself or with the help of a health professional.
- Overcoming Binge Eating Disorder by Dr Christopher G. Fairburn, published by The Guilford Press.
- The Compassionate Mind Approach to Beating Overeating by Ken Goss, published by Robinson.
- Getting Better Bite by Bite: A Survival Kit for Sufferers of Bulimia Nervosa and Binge Eating Disorders by Ulrike Schmidt, Janet Treasure and June Alexander, published by Routledge.
- Help Your Teenager Beat an Eating Disorder by James Lock and Daniel Le Grange, published by The Guilford Press.
- Anorexia and other Eating Disorders: how to help your child eat well and be well: Practical solutions, compassionate communication tools and emotional support for parents of children and teenagers by Eva Musby, published by Aprica.
- Can’t Eat, Won’t Eat: Dietary Difficulties and Autistic Spectrum Disorders by Brenda Legge, published by Jessica Kingsley Publishers.
- Stress-Free Feeding: How to develop healthy eating habits in your child by Lucy Cooke and Laura Webber, published by Robinson.
- Mind Over Mood: Change How You Feel by Changing the Way You Think by Dennis Greenberger and Christine Padesky, published by Guilford Press.
- Overcoming Depression by Paul Gilbert, published by Constable & Robinson.
- Overcoming Depression and Low Mood: A Five Areas Approach by Chris Williams, published by CRC Press.
- Overcoming Low Self-esteem by Melanie Fennell, published by Constable & Robinson
- Overcoming Anxiety by Helen Kennerley, published by Constable & Robinson
- Overcoming Anxiety, Stress and Panic: A Five Areas Approach by Chris Williams, published by CRC Press
- Feel the Fear and Do it Anyway by Susan Jeffers, published by Vermilion
- Overcoming Social Anxiety and Shyness by Gillian Butler, published by Constable & Robinson
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Overcoming Obsessive Compulsive Disorder by David Veale and Rob Willson, published by Constable & Robinson
- Understanding Obsessions and Compulsions by Frank Tallis, published by Sheldon Press
- Break Free from OCD: Overcoming Obsessive Compulsive Disorder with CBT by Fiona Challacombe, Victoria Bream Oldfield and Paul M. Salkovskis, published by Vermilion
- Overcoming Worry and Generalised Anxiety Disorder by Mark Freeston, published by Constable and Robinson
- The Worry Cure: Stop Worrying and Start Living by Robert L. Leahy, published by Piatkus Books
- Overcoming Panic and Agoraphobia by Derrick Silove and Vijaya Manicavasagar, published by Constable & Robinson
- Panic Attacks: What They Are, Why They Happen and What You Can Do About Them by Christine Ingham published by HarperCollins
- Overcoming Health Anxiety by David Veale and Rob Willson, published by Constable & Robinson